Last Update: April 9, 2020 @ 9:49 a.m.
Have a great idea? email@example.com
Resources for Restaurants, Retailers, Service Industry Businesses & Customers During COVID-19 from Main Street Alabama & South Huntsville Main
City of Huntsville COVID-19 Info
City of Huntsville Business COVID-19 Resource Page
Huntsville Chamber of Commerce COVID-19 Updates
Main Street America Resource Page
Your one-stop-shop for all resources regarding COVID-19!
Is your business essential? Check here
SBA Disaster Relief Loans Info
Neighbhorhood Concepts Inc. Emergency Line of Credit
Alabama Department of Health Website
Tips for All Businesses
- Use this as an opportunity to expand your online presence and social media. Transition your part-time employees to managing your social accounts.
- Post photos on social media showing employees cleaning, removing touchpoints, etc. Communicate your health plan with your customers.
- If your business is staying open, publish commitment to public health and outline actions for ensuring a clean facility and healthy staff; have hand sanitizer available for customers and latex gloves available for employees.
- Add a digital gift card to your website for patrons to use when the threat subsides.
- Make sure you pin your hours and health plan at the top of your social media. Update your business hours on your google business page and website.
- Consider waiving signatures on charge slips so people don’t have to touch communal pens.
- Think about propping your doors open so people can come in without having to touch the door area… and think about what other areas of your store can be made “touchless.”
- Contact your bank or business lender TODAY and find out what they are offering businesses during this crisis.
Tips for Retail Businesses
- Offer by appointment only private shopping experiences.
- Promote products that will be offered once threat subsides.
- Do Facebook Live selling events. Host an event where you show, model, demonstrate, explain, give tips about your merchandise. Let customers buy by posting a comment and then allow them to pick up or deliver.
- Package products that can provide activities and experiences for those families hunkered down at home. Consider books, puzzles, coloring books, paint supplies, etc.
- Partner with other businesses to create a “quarantine package”.
- Check with Main Street, Chamber, etc. to see what promotions they are working on for local businesses and partner with them. Make sure you are communicating with them your updated status.
- Create “subscribe and save” or membership opportunities for your customers.
Tips for Service Businesses
- Fitness studios – consider offering live streams for your clients. They need to work out now more than ever!
- Nail salons and hairdressers could host Livestream experiences including upcoming trends, colors, styles, and how-to demonstrations. Keep your customers engaged while they are away.
Tips for Food and Beverage Establishments
- Partner with delivery service or create your own.
- immediately begin curbside service.
- Create subscribe and save opportunities. For example, weekly dinner delivered for $5 off if you purchase a reoccurring meal.
- Revisit your menu, consider take and bake options.
- Keep offering trivia nights, happy hour, shopping specials, etc.